I finally got my orders today...I'll be headed to Columbus AFB, MS for pilot training at the 14th Flying Training Wing if I don't get into ENJJPT, which I won't find that out for another few weeks. Columbus is one of many bases in Air Education & Training Command (AETC), with the patch above. It wasn't my first choice (Moody AFB, GA was), but it's better than Oklahoma or Texas in my opinion. No matter where I'm training I'm pumped to have a pilot slot! I'll be flying the good old T-37 Tweet and then hopefully the T-38C Talon. HOOAH!! While I'm on casual status at Columbus, not in UPT yet, I'll be working on getting my private pilot's license (IFT). That will be a good time to relax some before hitting it hard. It won't be long before I'm out of here and on my way. Bring it on!After graduation I have to report to Brooks AFB in San Antonio, TX for another pilot physical...my report date is July 6th. This is the last big medical screening pilots go through before they head to their pilot training base. After leaving Brooks AFB on the 8th, I have until the 15th to get to Columbus AFB...fun times. I'll be driving around like a crazy man for a couple weeks, but it's all good. More later...

No comments:
Post a Comment