Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Light Is Getting Brighter

Weapons School graduation is about one month away, and it's hard to believe we're already at this point in the program.  The days 'fly' by when going 100 mph from the time you walk in to the squadron until leaving 12-14 hours later.  After a quick dinner, trying to figure out exactly what to brief for the next day's flight and some sleep, it's time to do it all over again the next day.  The days go slow when you desire to spend more time with your wife and child.  I'm looking forward to a nice long break over the Christmas holiday with them and family!



I have three more flights in the Weapons Phase before Thanksgiving his here.  The flying has been better than any other I've done, and will be the part I miss the most after WIC is done.  Just yesterday I planned, briefed, and lead a destruction of enemy air defenses (DEAD) flight consisting of 10 x F-16s, 4 x F-15Es, 3 x EA-18Gs, and 2 x B-1s...it's the best training in the world.  The flight went well too, which is always a bonus after the long hours of preparation.  God is good!



For the long Thanksgiving weekend, I'm taking Lana and Liam to Ft. Tuthill military recreation center in Arizona from where we plan to visit the Grand Canyon and Sedona.  It'll be a nice break together after completing Weapons!

No comments: