Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas 2012

Lana, the family, and I stayed home for Christmas 2012 since we took a holiday earlier in December and I had to travel with work on New Years Day.  Lana's mother and brother came up from Munich to spent Christmas with us and I had a guy from the squadron over as well to enjoy Lana's good cooking and relax around the Christmas Tree (a nice real one Lana picked out of a German farmers field).  A few months back, Lana and I bought a nativity scene made of stuff woolen figurines and it was nice to read and explain the Christmas story to Liam for the first time.  I heard the phrase, "Papa, Jesus is dah" (Jesus is there) may times as Liam pointed to the baby in the manger.  Lilli also enjoyed her first Christmas and did a pretty good job pulling the paper off some of her presents.  It was a time of good fellowship and being thankful for God's gift to us over 2,000 years ago!




We also enjoyed more Christmas markets, this time in Trier and Trauben-Traubach.  Both we pretty cool, especially the one in Trauben-Traubach as it takes place underneath parts of the city in old wine cellars.  The best part was a French vendor selling great tasting olives and cheese!




We'll see where Christmas 2013 takes us, but I have a feeling we'll be in France visiting my sister and brother-n-law while there at French language school...looking forward to it!


No comments: