Thanks for following our blog! Started in 2002, our blog shares the story of God's leading two people on a great and adventurous Air Force journey around the world to include the USA, Europe, and Asia. Now, God has lead us to fly over the blue seas of the Pacific and serve as missionaries with Pacific Mission Aviation! We hope you enjoy following along as God continues to lead us!
Monday, March 17, 2003
More Preparation and Relaxation
Well, yesterday marked exactly 3 weeks until I start driving down to AL. I know the time is going to fly by! This past weekend I was able to make it home to Adrian, MI to hang out with friends and family. It was a good time to see everyone on Friday night at my place, and it worked out well because some of my friends who are away at school were home. I think the most fun I had was riding the 4-wheeler my dad bought over Christmas. There was just enough snow to make things interesting along with a huge water hole just deep enough to get through. My best friend and a couple of my brothers and I tore around for a few hours...I'm surprised the thing still works! Saturday was cool too. My best friend and I got up about 6:45 and headed over to my old high school (Lenawee Christian School) for a work out called Pump-n-Pray. It's set up with about 40 different stations you do for 45 sec. each with 15 sec. in between to rotate stations. It's a great overall workout. After that we improved our being in shape even more by stopping by the local doughnut shop. HA-HA! =) Later on in the afternoon we drove to Western Michigan Univ. to watch my sister's vball team play in the state finals...they kicked rear and won!I'll be picking up the last of my uniforms from the alteration shop next Tues. I decided to have by Battle Dress Uniforms (BDUs...camos) dry cleaned and starched so they're ready to go. I'm also having the pockets sewn shut so that they lay nice and flat...it'll be one less thing to get in trouble. In about a week and a half I'm I'll be leaving my job on base so that I can have a week with my family down in Hilton Head, SC. That's going to be awesome, and a good time to relax some before OTS starts. I'm going to try and get my butt out of bed early and do some PT just so my body is a little more used to getting up. Overall things are coming together well. I know with the current situation our nation is in people are nervous, but God's in control. If we're still at war in about 3 or so years, then that's when I'd be involved somehow as a pilot. Until then I'll be training my butt off! That's all for now, more later...
Labels:
Air Force Preparation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment