Thanks for following our blog! Started in 2002, our blog shares the story of God's leading two people on a great and adventurous Air Force journey around the world to include the USA, Europe, and Asia. Now, God has lead us to fly over the blue seas of the Pacific and serve as missionaries with Pacific Mission Aviation! We hope you enjoy following along as God continues to lead us!
Wednesday, November 19, 2003
Studying and Relaxing
After my last post, I decided I'd take some more pics for the website. My days are pretty much the same as far as working out and studying the gouge goes. For those that don't know what I mean by gouge, it's the information I've been able to get my hands on ahead of time to help me prepare for class. There's a lot on the net, and a friend of mine burned me a CD with a bunch of stuff on it. Anyway, I was able to take a picture of the CFT's where I work on my checklist procedures. I also bought a poster for my room of the cockpit so I can chair fly (practice maneuvers and whatever else) during training.

Well, since I can't talk anyone into giving me an incentive ride around here I figured I'd try to get as close as I could to the action. Yes, it is legal for me to be here...there's a road that passes under final approach for the middle runway. I sat here for awhile taking in the nice scenery and imagining myself doing the same in the not too distant future! Sweet eh?!
The building where I've spent a lot of my time since I've been here is the 14th Operations Support Squadron building. It's where all the new pilot trainees inprocess, sign in every day and have weekly meetings. It's also where Phase I of training takes place, so I'll be spending much more of my time here very soon. The building I work in is right next to this one to the left.
I guess that's about it...the rest of the week is the normal routine. But, this weekend some of my friends and I are taking a trip down to New Orleans to check it out...should be a good time. I'll write more after Thanksgiving sometime, so check back then.
Labels:
Columbus Air Force Base
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment