Monday, January 30, 2006

Flying The Grand Canyon

These pictures couldn't wait to be posted later...it's one of the best pics taken to date. I took off this morning on my flight up to Hill AFB, UT and soon flew over the Grand Canyon just like we did for the UTTR LFE. One of my bros in the class took this pic of my jet as we flew over...how cool is that?! I'm going to have to blow it up and put it on the wall somewhere.

About 45 minutes after the Canyon, we had landed at Hill AFB. It was awesome around there with all the mountains and now...definitely a place I'd like to be stationed and fly the Viper someday. We grabbed lunch at this philly steak place, relaxed for awhile and then flew back here to Luke. On the way back we flew down low over Lake Powell, which is part of the Colorado River that's been dammed up on the east end of the Canyon. That too was an awesome thing to see. From there, we also flew down over the Barringer Meteor Crater about 35 miles east of Flagstaff, AZ. It was an awesome ride to basically finish the program on, and one I'll definitely remember! Hope you enjoy the view as much as I did!

No comments: