Soon after returning from Iraq, I told my Italian landlady that Lana and I would be looking for another apartment to start our new lives together in. It didn't take too long before I found a great place just on the other side of the central square here in Sacile. Our squadron flight doctor actually told me about since I had mentioned to him in church one day I was in the process of looking for a place. It is a much newer and nicer place than the one I used to live in and has a great balcony over the river with the big Catholic church on the other side. The view is one of the best there is in town. The church bells are a little loud sometimes, but I've since gotten used to it and actually enjoy the sounds now. It was a little bit of a pain having to go through the whole housing contract thing again, but all my utilities are now switched over to the new place and working. There are many conveniences we're used to in the USA that don't exist here, so it can try your patience. I couldn't just call customer service and have a guy at the house the next day, but after a few weeks we had electricity, water, gas and internet all working again.In addition to apartment searching, Lana and I have been working on wedding plans. We decided to get married here in Italy with family and friends that can make it. We're both looking to married life together and are eagerly awaiting October 6th, the wedding day!
Well, that's it for now...I just found out not long ago that I'm going on an F-16 cross-country in the next couple of weeks around Europe somewhere, so I'll post all of that next time I write something.
More Pictures:
New Apartment
No comments:
Post a Comment