Friday, February 5, 2010

Squadron Officers School Graduation

I finished SOS this morning after five weeks at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery, AL. Near the middle of the graduation ceremony, they began read the list of distinguished graduates (DGs). The DGs are those who were able to make the top 10% of the class based on many factors, a few of which are class member ranking within the flight (we had 14 flight members), the flight commander ranking, academic grades and physical fitness scores. There were about 425 people in the class...about 42 DGs. Overall, our flight was great and thankfully all got along. However, we weren't ranked very high when it came to the overall flight ranking due to various reasons...some out of our control. Due to this, I didn't think any of us had a chance to get DG. As the list was read in alphabetical order by last name, they eventually came to E and I wasn't anticipating my name being called when they hit F...but it was! Praise God...it all goes back to Him!

No comments: