On Thanksgiving day, we made our way to Highlands, North Carolina for a couple nights. It was a nice small town in the mountains; a good location to relax as a family. We enjoyed a really good meal at one of the nearby restaurants early that afternoon and a nice walk through town. The next morning I went for a run (a little harder to breath at 4,000'), and then enjoyed another walk through town. Lana did a little 'black' Friday shopping while Liam and I followed. Later that evening we made our way to a really nice restaurant for dinner, which was owned by a German.
The following day we drove to Asheville, NC to visit the Biltmore Estate and Grove Park Inn. The Biltmore is a very impressive place, and for awhile Lana and I felt as though we were in Europe somewhere. Grove Park Inn is a also nice, and we enjoyed our lunch there.
No comments:
Post a Comment