We (and our luggage) made it safely to Munich yesterday morning after a comfortable flight on Lufthansa. Lana's mother Gabi and best friend Susi picked us up at the airport...the first time they had seen Lilli. It was good to see them both again. After arriving back at Gabi's apartment, we all took a four hour nap to help with the jet lag.
Today was a great spring day in Munich to start our time off between assignments, so we spent the time outside around the city. Lana and I have missed Europe a lot, sometimes I think I more than she. We walked through Englischer Garten, had a good lunch, and eventually made our way to Marienplatz (the center of Munich). Liam and Lilli did well too, taking turns napping in the stroller as we walked around...I wish they could remember all the sites! It's a good thing I married a German so that we'll have plenty of chances to see it all again.
We'll be in Munich until the weekend and then make our way to Chieming near Lake Chiemsee where Lana's grandparents are living...another great place in Bavaria. Here's to Germany!
1 comment:
Great to have you back in Germany. I wish you a great time. And I am looking forward to meet you this summer. Greetings from New Zealand/Wellington. God bless your lovely family. Daniel
Post a Comment