Wednesday, March 19, 2003

America Goes to War


Last night was a very tense time for the USA. I was watching Star Search on TV when it was interrupted by a special news report on ABC stating that explosions and anti-aircraft fire had started in Baghdad. Along with that sirens could be heard loud and clear, which meant coalition planes were on their way or bombing had begun somewhere. It had been said that the CIA had received Intel on the whereabouts of some Iraqi leaders, and they were a "target of opportunity." Reality set in with a sense of excitement and nervousness on my part knowing that one day I could be over there flying in a war serving the country. Most people expect that the bombing campaign the US has planned in the opening moments of the war will get underway within the next couple days as night falls on Iraq.I'm VERY thankful we have George W. Bush as our president at a time like this. He's a man of God and a man of his word...thank the Lord he's leading us! He's got character and doesn't take crap from anyone...that's my kind of leader!I don't think this will have much of an effect on my OTS training, but they may alter some things if we're on higher alert at Maxwell AFB. Plus, the war will be so fresh in everyone's mind that I'm sure they won't be able to help creating a different atmosphere that is typical of peace time training. I'm still ready to get the ball rolling.


No comments: