Tuesday, March 4, 2003

Physical Conditioning

It's always good to be better prepared for something that not be be prepared enough right? That's what I think at least, and that's why I've become a regular in the gym here on base. I guess I've always been one to lift and run a lot just because I feel lazy otherwise. Now I have a better reason to be doing so other than just staying in shape and to keep from getting fat. I want to be able to perform my best at OTS not only mentally but physically.

This month (starting yesterday) I've put myself on a little stricter routine in the gym that will consist of the following throughout the week (subject to chance a bit =):

Monday: Run 4 miles
Work on abs and lower back for another 30 min.
Do a few light sets of push-ups

Tuesday: Work on chest - flat, incline, decline bench and cable crossovers
Work on abs and lower back
Work on biceps/triceps

Wednesday: Run 4 miles
Work on abs and lower back
Do a few light sets of push-ups

Thursday: Work on legs - leg press, calve raises and leg curls
Work on upper and middle back - pull ups, pull downs and rows
Work on shoulders
Do a few light sets of push-ups

Friday: Run 4 miles
Work on abs and lower back
Do a few light sets of push-ups

Saturday: Work on chest only doing some hard sets of push-ups (since that's all the chest workout I'll be getting for 3 months) - regular, wide arm and diamond push-ups.
Also, I'll do some with my feet raised on a bench...probably one set of each.
Work on abs and lower back (there's no real reason for doing these every day...just has become a habit)

It may not be the best workout plan there is, but at least it will help me get prepared for OTS. I will increase the running or at least the amount of time it takes over the few weeks ahead.Sometime before I head out, I'm going to meet again with my recruiter to go over any last details before leaving. I also have to go back to the MEPS for some paperwork and other things. Soon, I'll be on the road!! I guess that's all for now...I'll try my best to update this when I have time. Thanks, and God bless!

No comments: