Friday, July 31, 2009

Rice Fields & Soccer

Now that summer is half way over with, the Korean rice fields are more than just a field of mud. Lana took the picture below on a bike ride around the local area while I was at work a few weeks ago. Everywhere you look there are rice fields...one after another. The Koreans also finished harvesting their wheat crops a few weeks ago, and as they burn the stubble / chaff remaining in the fields (not sure why they don't plow it back into the ground) it makes for some more interesting smells driving through the country side.

Last Sunday afternoon, some of my friends and I decided to drive to the nearby town of Jeonju to watch a semi pro soccer team play. It was a good time and the Koreans are pretty serious about their soccer teams. It's nice to get away from base and enjoy the culture when I can.

Well, it's Friday evening and I'm hungry...time to round up some of the bros for dinner. Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: