Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Flight At Kunsan

On December 28th, I flew my last flight at Kunsan Air Base, Korea. It was a sunny, cool, and clear day to fly. My first of two flights was a defensive counter air flight (DCA 4 vs 4) off the west coast of the peninsula followed by a close air support (CAS) flight up along the demilitarized zone (DMZ). As is the custom after a fini flight (last flight at a squadron), many of my fellow pilots were at the parking ramp to greet me when I shut down the motor...this included Lana as well! They also had a roll of duck tape and cold bottle of water to tape my feet and wrists together before spraying me down...mind you the temperature was about 30F (-1C). The year at Kunsan went really quick and it seems I just arrived on the bus the day we left for the USA.

We're now here in Atlanta to car shop and rest before driving to Maxwell AFB, Alabama for Squadron Officer's School (SOS). Maxwell is in Montgomery and we'll be there until early February before taking some time off to see family...it was Christmas '09 the last time I saw both of our families. A new chapter in our Air Force journey is now underway and we thank God for guiding our path!

No comments: